STILLCLEAN SOLVENT RECYCLING CASE STUDY: ATC DriveTrain
One of our biggest customers, ATC DriveTrain, recently invested in StillClean SC-100 AD solvent recycling systems for their Oklahoma City plants.
StillClean SC-100 AD is an onsite distillation unit that recycles your parts washer solvent for continuous use. It is an actual distillation unit, not a filtration unit. This process takes the dirty solvent from your parts cleaner and uses a patented, low-temperature vacuum process to separate your solvent into two parts: clean, water-like solvent, and oil. The pure solvent is returned to your parts washer and the oil can be combined with your used oil to sell.
The SC-100 AD has Auto-Drain capabilities, making the unit convenient for technicians.
ATC DriveTrain invested in 14 StillClean Units in December of 2012. In a period of 28 days they tracked the performance and cost savings of these units in terms of: gallons cleaned, reclaim waste oil to sell and dollars saved on solvent they did not need to buy.
Reclaimed Waste Oil
Reclaimed Waste from STILLCLEAN Units 780 GALLONS
Other Waste Oil Streams 240 GALLONS
TOTAL WASTE OIL SOLD 1,020 GALLONS
THE FACTS AND BOTTOM LINE FOR ATC DRIVETRAIN
- ATC Drivetrain recovered 4,001 gallons of solvent that they did not have to re-purchase
- The Solvent used was constantly being cleaned, increasing the cleanliness of parts and productivity of cleaning activity.
- The StillClean Solvent Recovery units saved ATC Drivetrain over $18,000.00 conservatively in a 28-day period (4,001 gallons x $4.50/gallon = $18,004.50) – this is not taking into account the waste oil sold back
- Waste oil being reclaimed was resold for additional profits.
- The Return on Investment (ROI) in this case would be 11 weeks (2.7 months)
Not only did these 14 units pay for themselves in less than 3 months, they have improved the cleaning process of the entire facility because the solvent was fresh AND they improved their profits on selling reclaimed waste oil.
ABOUT ATC DRIVETRAIN
ATC DriveTrain is one of the largest and most prestigious Transmission and Engine remanufacturers in the world. They have been servicing customers like Ford, Honda, Saab, Allison, Subaru, GM and Chrysler for over 70 years. TRANSBRITE is proud to support their cleaning needs.